Stats

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

World Cup extravaganza

 For the first time ever, the World Cup is being held in the Middle East and Qatar has been pulling out all the stops over the last 5 years to get everything ready. The region generally has been gradually building up to the event with huge numbers of additional flights being put on for fans in Dubai, KSA and elsewhere and plenty of venues being opened to allow the games to be watched.

Arab football was given a huge further fillip today as Argentina were beaten 2:1 by Saudi Arabia - (the Government of which promptly announced a public holiday in celebration!). I am due to be heading to one of the games next week so will be able to give a first hand account as to how the arrangements have panned out but certainly the tournament has got off to a  lively start with England 6 - 2 victors over Iran in their opening game yesterday.

In the meantime, I am just about to embark on some further Autumn travel. Having already notched up two trips to KSA and a trip to Seoul (my first for 3 years), I am about to head off for a much postponed business meeting in Spain which will take me to the weekend before I head back here hopefully in time to catch my flight to Qatar early next week. Hopefully the internet connection will be sufficient to allow me to continue posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment