Stats

Monday, November 14, 2022

Sweet smell of success

 I have previously commented that one of the best features of living in our desert community is the very strong almost honeysuckle smell given off my some of the trees in the Autumn.

I am still not sure what the name of the tree is but the smell comes from the bell shaped white buds that form at the ends of the branches.

When I am going around the highways and bye-ways during my morning bike ride it is particularly noticeable on clear windless mornings when the buds have fallen off and are lining the paths so that when I ride over them, the smell is especially intense. 

This year, it seems to have taken a little longer for the blooms to appear as usually I start noticing the smell at the beginning of November. However, better late than never and my weekend ride (my first since the crash) and afternoon relaxation in the garden with a book and a G&T was especially memorably perfumed!

No comments:

Post a Comment