Stats

Friday, November 4, 2022

Diary Management

 Having spent the last couple of posts speculating as to whether I would have enough blogworthy material to keep myself (and any stray readers) entertained for 30 days, I realised at work today that I had managed to double book myself for two external speaking slots on the same day towards the start of next week. One is on-line (and fortunately is scheduled for the beginning of the day) and the second is in person in the late afternoon. 

Whilst I will not be starting from scratch in terms of material, I will nevertheless have to come up with a vaguely interesting “angle” on two quite complex subjects so my weekend fretting over what to blog about will now vie with the more pressing need to think up something vaguely entertaining about topics which sadly do not really lend themselves to what might normally be considered entertainment. I guess I must have had something in mind when I agreed to speak although in both cases I will be sharing platforms with others who might well be regarded as more expert on the relevant topics so it will be fascinating to see what I can come up with over the weekend…..

This is the first time that I have managed to commit myself to two separate presentations on completely different topics to audiences in different parts of the world on the same day - it is possible that the very early start of the first session (due to the time difference with country in which the conference is actually being held) may have thrown me off the scent as my online diary presents itself in such a way that you do not see all the events for the day on the same page. A flaw that has a definitely caught me out this time as not only will I have to find some time to do my day job but I will also need to prepare for a trip to KSA later in  the week. Next week will therefore be busy although at least this particular  challenge has provided some material for today’s blog (every cloud etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment