Stats

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

And breathe

 After a hectic 10 days of travelling to Barcelona and then Qatar, I am looking forward to a couple of days that don’t involve the need for increasing levels of ingenuity for bag-packing, early morning taxi rides to airports and grappling with assorted plug adaptors. 

We now have a long weekend with two days of public holidays when I will hopefully be able to do some relaxing as well as catching a few World Cup football matches on TV and some rugby at the Dubai Rugby 7s.

My trip to Qatar was particularly interesting as I was able to watch, “live”,  England comprehensively dismantle Wales at the Al Rayyan Stadium (for such a small place, it did seem a very long way out of town) as well as spending a night of the MSC World Europa. 

This vessel was truly enormous - 27 decks and room for c.5000 passengers and around 2000 crew. Trying to find the exit this morning to catch my early morning flight was a truly existentialist nightmare - they had shifted the exit location from the previous day for some reason and the place is a rabbit warren with every turning and corridor looking exactly the same.

I found my way out eventually and will post a longer blog about life aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment