Stats

Friday, November 11, 2022

The gift that keeps on giving

 Having struggled with a heavy cold for what seemed like ages, I thought that I had got rid of it until my bike crash (blogs passim) provoked a return to the sneezes and coughing (I am still not sure why that  should be the case  and of course it could just has been a coincidence and that it was an entirely new cold that I picked up).

In any event, I duly spent last week coughing and spluttering (and even took a day off work) and finally felt a little better only for E. to succumb last weekend and for her then to pass it on to V. and to our helper G. So as you can imagine I am somewhat persona non grata  amongst my nearest and dearest. 

To be fair to me, pretty much everyone in Dubai seems to have a cold of some description at the moment (and sometimes worse) no doubt due to the recent change in the seasons (such as we have them here - although again, not entirely certain why a drop in temperature should provoke an outbreak of flu) so it is possible that I was not the sole cause although the family do not seem to be particularly interested in my protestations.

I guess the only good thing to come out of it has been (a) the material for this blog post and (b) the fact that I was able to use a little of Latin in this post as well. 

Do not worry I hoping more interesting material is on the way over the weekend as I attempt a round up of our Summer travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment