Stats

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's in a name

The desire to post a blog every day in November has not exactly disappeared but it is struggling against other demands including a further trip to Abu Dhabi (yesterday) and also , finally, finally, getting through the HP series so that I started the final book (which I have not previously read) last night. The Half Blood Prince was interesting (apart from the actualy plot) in that it gave me a clue as to where E. got the name for our daughter from. V. has quite an unusual name althouh it is less unusual today than it was 8 years ago when E. first suggested it and I have always wondered where the inspiration came from. E. could not remember but I did notice that there is a V. (albeit with a tiny part) in the Half Blood Prince and I also see that it was published the Summer before V. was born and I know for a fact that E. read it (she does not disagree that this might have prompted - albeit unconciously - her to suggest the name) so I have put 2 and 2 together!

No comments:

Post a Comment