Stats

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Failed Again....

Hmmm. Day 4 of the post a day challange and far from making two posts for failing to get on the score sheet for the first day, I am now 3 posts behind the curve. To be fair yesterday started off with a trip to Abu Dahbi where I had a very interesting trip around one of the newer educational instituations followed by back to back meetings so I have decided to make an early start on this post in the hope that it is completed before the end of today. (I was also somewhat distracted last night by my current trip through the Harry P cannon).

I thought that I would devote the next couple of posts to a general catch for the last 9 months or so since the last major post. We had various visitors in the early part of the year including my Father who was with us in January and Febraury where we managed to watch a good deal of the Dubai Duty Free tennis (also rather unexpectedly joined for a few days coinciding with the tenns with an old school friend AL). The tennis is fast becoming a favourite in Safa Towers household (not least due to the mayhem in actually getting hold of tikcets) and this year was terific with Venus Williams winning the Ladies title (which we took the kids too having widely over provisioned in terms of tickes - E and I separately applied online for tickets given the fact they are like gold dust and there was an unfortuante breakdown in communications which led to sufficient Ladies final tickets for the extended family and friends....not cheap!). I did manange to secure Dad a week pass for the Mens Tennis and joined him for most days including the Semiofinals (where I had a corporate invite from NH which turned into an excellent day with Federer v. Djovovic a highlight) and then Roger the Dodger won the Final - which I also managed to see with Dad having fortuitously picked up a spare ticket while waiting in the queue earlier in the week to pick up the tickets I had managed to get).

Dad and I also managed to get tickets to see Henry Blofeld and Tim Rice at the Dubai Literary Festival (discussing cricket) which was very good. March was also exteremely busy with a trip to Seoul followed by a whistle stop tour to UK on business and then to Rome for the Rugby (England -v- Italy)with the two Richards (had an excellent time as managed to spend pretty much the whole day at the Vatican museums accompnaied only by a audio tour guide).

No comments:

Post a Comment