Stats

Thursday, November 1, 2012

(Nearly) another year has passed and it is once again time for me to see if I can publish one post per day for the month of November. Even to me it seems a little odd that I do not spread my posts a little more evenly through the year. Whilst it has crossed my mind since my last post in November 2011 to blog more often, the moment generally passes with my usual excuse (to myself) being that when November comes the creative juices will start flowing and blogging gold dust will be dispensed (!). In fact, very little has changed over the last year. We are still based in the Desert, work is still vey hectic and the kids continue to get older at an astonishing rate - I cannot believe that A. has just reached double figures! This year however his birthday was more muted mainly because the poor chap was obliged to have an operation on a very sensitive part of his anatomy. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth (including from his parents) but we now seem to be moving along the road to recovery and he is almost back to his lively, somewhat scatty, good-natured self. It is however unlikely he will be very keen to go anywhere near a Doctor (or a Hospital) for some considerable time. He is still very much into his footbal and cricket although his leisure hours are also filled with visits to Minecraft and similar games on the PC. He still enjoys reading although it is increasingly diffult to find books that avoid any kind of mild peril which he still avoids like the plague. He is enjoing and doing well at school particulaly in Maths and Science. We are still working on the literacy and writing but he is coming along. He will still chat to anyone and is a very sociable chap. He had a table football game for his birthday and whilst he might be able to give me a run for my money in real life football, I still have the edge (for the moment) in respect of the table variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment