Stats

Monday, November 19, 2012

I fought the lawn

We have now laid 4 new lawns since arriving at our home in the sandpit and each one has succumbed (I guess unsurprisingly) to the process of desertification. Ali the gardener assures me tht the present lawn previously graced the nurseries of a local sheik (I am assuming that he had no further need for it..) and that the grass is hardy enough to outlive us all. To date it has struggled - so much so that it now seems to be buried under half a ton of sand - presumably in an effort to inspire growth (or perhaps as reminder of its likley fate if it does not grow). It also seems to have seen off the palm tree which grew in the middle of the lawn but which apparantly fell victim to some kind of insect. Whilst our garden is now less decorative this might in fact be a good thing as there will be less competition for what little water resource is available in our back garden. I will keep you posted on progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment