Stats

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Sweet smell of Success

My enjoyment of my morning bike rides has over the last couple of days been increased by the blossom appearing on some of the trees in our development. 

Whilst the white flowers are in themselves pleasant to look at, it is the sweet smelling bouquet from the buds that wafts around the paths and roads as I trundle by that is truly special - after the long hot Summer, it is this and the lowering temperatures that signal that Winter  is just around the corner. 

We have been living here for over 4 years now and I have not found any where else in Dubai that has these trees in such profusion. I have often complained that the designer of the community I live in showed remarkably little imagination in either its name or layout (even after 4 years, I can still get lost given the uniformity of the road layout, the similarity of the names of the roads and the cookie cutter nature of the Villas). However, the one thing they certainly did get right was their selection of trees and shrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment