Stats

Monday, November 29, 2021

All about A.

So our eldest and tallest child has flown the nest and headed off 3000 miles North to University after a very successful set of A level results in the Summer which allowed him to get into his first choice. We were obviously delighted with his results and he was clearly relishing the chance to spread his wings.

Due to V. starting the new term at the beginning of September, E had to remain in Dubai so A. and I headed to UK for a week’s worth of quarantine down in Devon with my Sister and her family and then a rather hectic couple of weeks catching up with everyone after over 18 months of pandemic induced absence in Dubai. This included Grandparents and my Cousin C who had contracted a very nasty immune system virus which reduced him to a wheelchair (fortunately walking again now).

A. is attending the same University where E and I met and it was a real trip down memory lane (he is also in the same Hall of Residence where I started off). The weather and campus were at their best and I managed to look up some of my old haunts - it was quite piquant to say goodbye to him in his new room surrounded by unwrapped duvet covers/new cups and kettles, and assorted other paraphernalia of student life. 

He seems to have settled in well although all of us remaining back in Dubai (including the cat) have missed his presence - they always say that nothing prepares you for a new baby but I think the same can be said for the departure (even if temporary) of your first born.

No comments:

Post a Comment