Stats

Friday, November 5, 2021

Rugby Long Lunch

One of the highlights of the Dubai social calendar returned after a two year hiatus, with the Rugby long lunch being the traditional curtain-raiser for the Rugby 7s - held at the JW Marriott - so  for the first time since I have been attending over the last 10 years or so away from the Intercontinental at Festival City.

 James Haskell and a very droll Ben Ryan were the speakers with Chris McCardie from DubaiEye as MC (I have listened to him on the radio for many years and had pictured him as an Alan Hansen lookalike - he is very different!).

We had a good selection of guests on our table including our global head over from London and it was terrific to get to see so many familiar faces on what must have been one of the largest  in person indoor gatherings since the pandemic began.

Unfortunately someone managed to walk off with my jacket (luckily I had removed my wallet and phone) so I spent some time wandering around and surreptitiously checking various jackets slung over the backs of chairs before giving it up as a bad job and heading home at 1am  - way past my bed time and so today was a very quiet day! (I got a rather sheepish text from the chap who had taken it - he had found some of my business cards in the pocket so hopefully I will shortly be reunited with it). 

No comments:

Post a Comment