Stats

Sunday, November 26, 2023

What a Goal!

Regularly readers will know that I enjoy my sport and watch the Premiership football whenever I can.  Over the many years I have been fortunate to see some excellent goals including when actually at the match in person. This includes what proved to be goal of the season at Selhurst Park by Dalian Atkinson for Aston Villa against Wimbledon in October 1992 which consisted of a mazy run from what felt like the half way line and a great lobbed finish which left the entire crowd momentarily stunned into silence as well Demba Ba’s aerial acrobatics against Manchester United in the cup replay Alex and I went to at Stamford Bridge in April 2013. However this evening I saw (on TV) an absolute peach of a goal by Man Utd's  Garnacho against Everton - a bicycle kick with his back to goal that rivalled Wayne Rooney's a few years ago - it was absolutely stunning and reminded me why I enjoy watching football so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment