Stats

Friday, November 3, 2023

Not a great start

 So managed to miss yesterday’s post as I arrived back home too late (after a welcome drinks for some new colleagues) to ensure it was posted yesterday so have now decided to see if I can manage to post once every other day. 

Spent most of today preparing for my trip to Qatar. This was mainly a combination of clearing the decks at work of various admin and BD related issues relating to my forthcoming trip to Seoul so I can concentrate on the tasks at hand as well as packing enough clothes to last me around a week. 

Usually I can fit everything into a carry-on bag but I need to make sure I have enough formal clothes as well as some “leisure wear” in the unlikely event I get some down time (nothing worse than trying to relax in a suit while everyone around you is breathing easily in a polo shirt and chinos/shorts). 

As a result I am taking a hold bag so of course I have to make sure I get full value for having to hang around the carousel and as a result I have probably wildly over-packed (I made a similar mistake for a recent Trial in Abu Dhabi where I probably  took enough clothes to last me a month - I think this was in turn a reaction to the ridiculous luggage restrictions we endured on the various Ryanair flights we took around Europe in the Summer - may be more on that in a later post…..).

I have also packed some gym kit in the (probably forlorn) hope that I will get myself onto an exercise bike at some point while I am in Doha. I am back in training for the Dubai 92 KM road race next February. 

Build Up Ride (45km) was successfully completed last weekend and I have been out in the morning 3 times this week but I am definitely going to struggle to get back on my bike given my travels before the next BUR at the end of the month so am aiming to get tot he Hotel Gym a couple of times if the opportunity arises.

Anyway, next post should be from Qatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment