Stats

Sunday, November 12, 2023

I want to ride my Mountain Bike

 As foreshadowed in an earlier post, I am a great fan of the MTB trails around Mushrif National Park which is around a 20 minute drive from where we live. 

I have previously mentioned that Dubai must be one of the easiest places in the World to enjoy bike riding whether it be a road bike - there are over 150km of tracks in the desert around Al Qudra alone (also around 20 minutes from our villa) - or Mountain biking. V. has been Mountain Biking in the Hatta mountains which are around an hour from here and whilst I have  heard good things about the trails around that area, I have not managed to get up there myself. I have however made full use of the Mushrif trails which is a mixture of green/blue/red (much like the skiing system with green being the easiest).

As also previously mentioned, the only disadvantage is that every now and then you will be sharing the peace and tranquility with the roar of an A380 as it comes into land at DXB due to sit proximity with the flight path



Nevertheless, this does not seem to discourage the wild life and there are plenty of warning signs for snakes, spiders and scorpions (none of which I have seen fortunately) as well as plenty of birds.




There are also plenty of squirrels although I really struggle yesterday to get a photo of them (they are quite elusive although you can here them chirruping away as they bounce around in the trees but blend in very well with the foliage).


He is in there somewhere (I think).

It even has some hills and valleys which are pretty rare for this part of Dubai.





No comments:

Post a Comment