Stats

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Sweet smell of success

 I have written about this topic before, but I also feel that I need to come back to it as it is one of the highlights of living in our community out here in the desert - the sweet scented blossoms which festoon some of the trees lining the roads and footpaths at this time of year. 

I still have not found out the name of the species despite extensive research but it is a lovely way to start the day when I go for a ride and the mixture of honeysuckle and jasmine wafts down from the trees as I cycle around the neighbourhood. 

Sadly in only really lasts around a month (sometimes shorter if we have a heavy rainfall which knocks the blossoms off). It is however not only sweet smelling but also very pretty while it lasts and we are lucky enough to have some in our back garden which also makes for a pleasant experience during my BBQs.

No comments:

Post a Comment