Stats

Friday, November 10, 2023

Flora and Fauna

 I hope to be heading out tomorrow to Mirdiff National Park which has a mountain bike track which essentially comprises a number of trails around the park and the woodland. Despite the fact that we are in middle of the desert, this is a really terrific facility as it is a combination of wooded areas, hills and country paths. 

Although it is located around 20km outside of central Dubai, I suspect that it remains relatively undeveloped as it is directly under the flight path leading into DXB so my rides are usually accompanied by the roar of the A380s as they swoop low overhead before they come into land.

Apart from the aircraft noise, it is a tranquil spot and as a result there are a number of animals that can be spotted including squirrels (I must admit when I first saw them I was quite surprised as one does not really associate them with the desert environment although they are smaller than their UK cousins) and plenty of bird life. There are also numerous warning signs for snakes but fortunately I have not yet encountered any of these residents and the graphic warnings have not encouraged me to change this state of affairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment