Stats

Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Year in Review 2015: July/December

Only a year late! I had forgotten that I had not finished this. Most of the Summer of 2015 is already on record as I counted down my big birthday bash. It kicked off with a motorhome trip around France which preceded a Hog roast party for friends and family in Maidstone to the accompaniment of pouring rain and was followed by another BBQ in Castletownebere in Cork which was similarly accompanied by pouring rain! We did not let this dampen our spirits and the weather in Ireland subsequently improved allowing a visit to Allihies beach as we did a tour around the peninsular (the colour of the water there was incredible), a trip to Bere Ireland and then a few days at K's house in Killarney which allowed a nice drive around the ring of Kerry and some (very cold) surfing at Inch.

September saw us return to Dxb for our birthday proper but we were soon on our travels again in October when we had 10 days in UK during the Rugby World Cup. The first part was spent down on the South Coast with my Sister and her family when we did some walking around Chichester - we stayed at a very olde Wolde BB in a delightful village just outside Chichester and the weather was lovely - misty and golden in a very autumnal way! I also managed to snag a ticket to the Australia v. South Africa semi-final with Richard P. The main event was the RWU final which Dad, me, A and my Sister went to on a beautiful Autumn day. Twickenham was looking at its best and the full house crowd were treated to a decent game of rugby which at one point looked like it might get very close until a certain Dan Carter asserted his authority and took the All Blacks away from the Aussies. We were straight back to Dxb the day after, and since I had exhausted my holiday allowance for the year, that was the last of our travels for pleasure for the year. However, in November, I had another work trip to Seoul where although cold the weather was good. Christmas was spent in Dubai and we managed to have our Christmas Day swim which was very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment