Stats

Friday, November 26, 2021

Taxi for Mr M

Apologies for the lack of posting yesterday but I was travelling back from UK. I was in fact intending to try to write something in the airport lounge but got caught up with some work so will do something on that as a “bonus” blog later today but for now I though I would talk about my trip to the airport and in particular the fascinating taxi driver who took me.

We used to have a driver who we would religiously use to take us to the airport but he retired a number of years ago and so subsequently we have tended to use one of the local firms. However, we were introduced by some friends to their regular cabbie and so I was given the opportunity to chat to him on the way to Heathrow. 

There was not a dull moment. From hearing about his son and his “accidental” religious journey to being a tour guide for pilgrims to the rest of his family with their various interests and businesses, I said that he had enough material to write a soap opera. Very nice chap and a certainty someone we will be using again.


No comments:

Post a Comment