Stats

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Starting as I mean to go on?

Not a particularly good start to my blogpost per day endeavours for the month of November - failed to post anything yesterday and spent a disproportionate amount of time today faffing around trying to remember the password. Anyway, I am now back into the blogosphere (probably not what it is called any more) and will do my best to post regularly over the next 30 days. 

In keen anticipation of the advertised publication of his next volume of diary entries earlier this year (as it turns out the publicity on this seems to have been somewhat premature),  I went to Micheal Palin’s website to see if I could place an order. Still no sign of Volume 4 of his excellent series. However, there was a good post/story on why he started to keep a diary (mainly it would appear, because he had just given up smoking and was looking for a new distraction). As a consequence, I was inspired back in July to start writing my own daily diary and unlike previous attempts, I have so far managed to keep at it (admittedly some days are shall we say more cursory than others). 

What is the relevance of all of this I hear you ask? It is possible that this is a pre-emptive excuse as to the likely quality of the content of these posts going forward - there has only been so much material that I am able to muster sufficient enthusiasm to record for posterity at the best of times over the last few months so having to now generate half way readable prose for a blog and a diary obviously risks diluting what is already content of questionable interest even further (and using the same material for both is going to be tricky as I decided my diary entries would have to be much blunter than what I would normally commit to a medium which might be read by others if I was to retain my enthusiasm). I guess we will see how I go (I also promise to try to reduce the length and prolixity of my sentences....).

No comments:

Post a Comment