Stats

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Falling towards New England

 The title to this post is not some clever riff on a song from Billy Bragg but more of a homage to the beauty of Autumnal Kent. I am very rarely in UK at this time of year so I guess the multiple shades of brown, gold and red that are splashed across the “Garden of England” have rather faded from my memory as a consequence of my lengthy sojourn in the desert.

However, today the extraordinary palette of  rural England was much in evidence as my Sister and I took my Father for a drive through the country roads and by-ways around Cranbrook, Benenden and Frittenden in the backwaters of the South-East.

It was a fairly overcast day but the sheer variety of colours and shades in the trees, fields and roads as we drove around the gently rolling hills of the Weald were lovely and whilst I am sure that Fall in the US State of New England is truly spectacular, there is certainly strong competition closer to home. 

No doubt having just me, my Father and my sibling in the same car with no particular calls on our time made the trip special (I cannot recall the last time we did this). However, the golden framing of our drive today made it truly memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment