Stats

Sunday, November 5, 2023

(Hotel) room with a view

 I am in a very nice room for my stay in Doha - on the 37th floor which seems to be on a corner and has various views in different directions over the West Bay area through picture windows in the bedroom and the bathroom. Whilst there are blinds (although only partially obscuring the view) and curtains (which do not meet in the middle) the vista is a little disconcerting when brushing my teeth and I can only think that given the height, the interior designers assumed that the room occupants would not be overlooked by anyone else!

It also took a while to get used to the lift system.It turned out that there are two banks of lifts which are next to each other but occupying separate areas - one set servicing different floors from the other although other than some very small lettering on the lifts themselves, you have to be very observant to figure out whether you are in the correct lift bank - I spent 10 minutes waiting for a lift when I first arrived before noticing that despite pressing their call button, and the fact there appeared to be 5 sets of lifts, none of them were actually stopping at my floor!

First world problems I hear you say, and I must admit the novelty of being so high in the sky has not yet worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment