Stats

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Yes, Minister

 Heading off to an Embassy garden party in Saudi Arabia which I am quite looking forward too. Not a regular occurrence I hasten to add but every time I am asked if I would like to go to this kind of event, I am always reminded of the classic Yes  Minister episode where Paul Eddington as the hapless minister for administrative affairs hosts a party at the British Embassy in KSA and manages to get completely trollied due to frequent trips to the communications room to take urgent calls from “Mr Haig”, “Jonnie Walker” and various other suspiciously named correspondents in order to top up his orange juice with alcoholic beverages. Whilst I suspect there will be no need for such subterfuges as this particular event, nevertheless it remains a tantalising possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment