Stats

Saturday, November 20, 2010

JBR

Just back from our stay at the Sheraton on Jumeira Beach - opposite our old stamping ground at the Shams towers in the Jumeirah Beach Residences. Having spent a disproportionate amount of my time ensconced on my own at the Four Points SZR last year I am taking full advantage of my "Starwood" points that were racked up and my platinum preferred status (just short of a place on the board of directors which shows just how much time I was spending with that organisation ...) which usually provides a room upgrade.

The hotel was completely booked during the Eid holidays as we tried to get in a little earlier and our "Junior Executive Suite" was not ready when we arrived just after Midday. We therefore dumped our stuff and made our way up the "Walk" to look for some lunch (eventually going to Bob's Diner by way of the "Covent Garden Market" - obviously a long way from home!).

The rest of the day was spent variously swimming and trying to surf (me and A), playing in the Pirates Children's Club (V.) and relaxing on the beach (E.). A. and I ended up the day by playing a great game of footy with another father, his sons and various hangers on in which Alex scored a hat-trick (including a well struck penalty) and Daddy scored a peach from around 6 yards.

We repaired to the Walk for dinner having Italian at Napoletena and picking up some Starbucks on the way home. After the kids had gone to bed with E. I went to Moods bar to watch the footy - in this case "the great Story of Inter Milan" - naturally enough in Italian with Arabic subtitles.

Today was terrific. After breakfast on the 9th floor executive lounge (again courtesy of my platinum status - as I said if I had stayed any longer last year I would probably be a board director). Thereafter, the kids spent pretty much the whole morning on the beach playing in the sea or building sand castles. After lunch the kids went to the Kids Club and we cleared the room eventually returning home at apart 4:30pm.

In contrast to our last visit(just before the end of Ramadan), the weather was perfect - the water was a little cooler and the air temperature was certainly a lot more bearable - hopefully this will continue until Christmas as Christmas Day on the beach would definitely be an attractive proposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment